[Gdal-dev] line of sight

Schuyler Erle schuyler at nocat.net
Tue Nov 2 20:21:35 EST 2004

* On  2-Nov-2004 at  4:42PM PST, Frank Warmerdam said:

> Not by itself.  You can however use GDAL to read various DEM formats
> into memory and then "walk through the array" between the points to
> determine if you have LOS.

If you take a look at http://maps.wscicc.org/ you'll see an
application that Rich Gibson and I wrote for the NoCat wireless
community network. Although it uses a hacked version of GRASS's
r.profile at the moment, rewriting it to use GDAL instead is at the
top of our to-do list, right after our book is done. Email me off list
if you're interested in collaborating on such a project! Thanks.

SDE