[Gdal-dev] GDAL 1.2.5 Released

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Nov 22 16:21:23 EST 2004

Folks,

I have a cut a new version of GDAL, primariliy to cleanup the issue with
overviews stored in GeoTIFF format since I did not copy the updated libtiff
code into the distribution itself for 1.2.4.

This release also includes an overhaul of the Oracle Spatial vector reader
with fixes, and new features (table list in datasource name, Oracle 10g support).

Grab it from:

   http://www.gdal.org/dl/gdal-1.2.5.tar.gz
   http://www.gdal.org/dl/gdal125.zip

 From the NEWS file:

GDAL 1.2.5 - Overview of Changes
--------------------------------

gdalwarp Utility:
  - Added "proper" source and destination alpha support.

PCRaster Driver:
  - added write support, now consider ready for regular use.

MrSID Driver:
  - Initial support for writing to MrSID with encoding SDK.

GeoTIFF Driver:
  - Updated internal copy of libtiff to fix overview building ... really!
  - Fixed bug when writing south-up images.

OGR 1.2.5 - Overview of Changes
-------------------------------

OGRSpatialReference:
  - Added Bonne projection.

Docs:
  - Added OGR C++ API Tutorial (reading and writing).

PostGIS Driver:
  - Implemented SetFeature() and DeleteFeature() methods for in-place updates.

Oracle (OCI) Driver:
  - Fixed support for writing into Oracle 10g.
  - Fixed serious memory leak of geometries.
  - Fixed bug with 3D multipolygons.
  - Added support for selecting tables in the datasource name.