[Gdal-dev] How to show ASTER hdf vnir's bands as a color image?

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Tue Nov 30 14:10:12 EST 2004

On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 02:58:26PM +0800, wlx wrote:
> I want to show my ASTER hdf vnir's bands as a color image,but
> gdal_translate treat each band as a subdataset,and gdal_translate
> deals with one subdataset one time,so if I don't know how to merge the
> top three bands as a rgb imae.

You can extract subdatasets one by one and combine them afterwards using
gdal_merge.py tool and its option '-separate'. With this option input
images will be threated as separate channels of the same scene.

Also you can save one step and do not extract images before merging,
just use subdataset names as input parameters for gdal_merge.py.

						Andrey

--
Andrey V. Kiselev
Home phone:  +7 812 5970603  ICQ# 26871517