[Gdal-dev] gdal_merge

Dobmeyer, Todd tdobmeye at ball.com
Tue Oct 19 13:34:11 EDT 2004

I have finally gotten gdal_merge to work by putting OpenEv_Fw into
C:\OpenEv_Fw. I cannot seem to find a specific order in which the red,
green, and blue colors need to be put for the inputs. I am using:

gdal_merge -o outputRGB.tif inputRed.tif inputBlue.tif inputGreen.tif
-separate

I have tried all 6 combinations to type in Red, Blue, and Green and have
looked though the gdal_merge.py code and cannot figure out which way the
three files should be give. I have had my RGB output file look Red,
Blue, 2 shades of Purple, Teal, and Green. Am I missing a parameter?
Thanks once again!

Todd Dobmeyer