[Gdal-dev] problems with shapefiles produced with fme translator

publi at infonegocio.com publi at infonegocio.com
Fri Oct 22 14:33:28 EDT 2004

Hi all,
   I'm working in a city map, and i have an autocad files with all
information. I'm using fme to translate AutoCad -> Shapefile, but i have
a problem. Fme work perfectly and i can see all the files generated by
it with ForestyGis, Arcview 3.3 and MapMaker 3.5. But when i copy this
file to linux and i try to do "#ogrinfo -al Textos1_line.shp", the
result is the next:
           Unable to open datasource 'Textos1_line.shp with the
following drivers:
         -> ESRI Shapefile
         -> UK .NTF

   When i make shapefile with ArcView, no problem, ogrinfo works, and i
can see it with mapserver. But when the shapefile was maden with fme, it
doesn't work. The file produced by fme have 13888 features and the .shp
file have 2.34 MB, Are too many????. I have installed gdal-1.2.3 and i'm
working with mapserver 4.2.5 and Maplab 2.2. Why can i see it with gdal
and OGR??????????. Thanks to all.