[Gdal-dev] Memory leak in OCI

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Oct 25 13:04:31 EDT 2004

Lorenzo Maior.it wrote:

> Hello,
> I've used the standard loop:
>
>     while ((aOGRFeatureH = OGR_L_GetNextFeature(aLayerH)) != NULL)
>         OGR_F_Destroy(aOGRFeatureH);
>
> with an OCILayer containing only geometries of type "wkbLineString".
>
> It seams that memory isn't freed.
>
> If I read the same geometries with the same loop but from a shapefile I
> don't have any memory problem.

Lorenzo,

I have looked into this briefly, but I don't see the issue.  Unfortunately,
I don't have an Oracle instance running currently, so it is hard for me to
dig into the problem.  I tried to install Oracle10g on my FC2 system but
filed do some sort of shared memory failure.

I would encourage you to file a bug in bugzilla explaining what version of
GDAL/OGR you did this with, how many records were in the table, how you
determined there was a memory leak and how much memory was being apparently
leaked.