[Gdal-dev] OGR dynamic driver loading...

Frédéric Trastour support at geoimage.fr
Thu Sep 30 09:45:44 EDT 2004

Hello,

i have recently experimented the use of the "GDAL_DRIVER_PATH".
It's a great mecanism allowing me to :
    - download a well built gdal/ogr distribution ( the openev's one for example ),
    - compile my custom drivers against the associated includes/libs,
    - use my drivers in all gdal/ogr applications including openev, gdal_xxx...

Did you plan to integrate the same kind of dynamic driver loading into OGR ?

It should be great to be able to do the same thing with vector drivers !
Frédéric Trastour - SpacEyes - dev at spaceyes.fr