[Gdal-dev] nmake question

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 13:28:25 EST 2005

On Apr 1, 2005 1:22 PM, William Lyons <wlyons at prologic-inc.com> wrote:
> But I noticed that the other functions to be exported through the DLL are
> included in the main makefile.vc like this:
>
> BASE_INCLUDE =    /INCLUDE:_GDALSimpleImageWarp \
>
>             /INCLUDE:_GDALSuggestedWarpOutput \
>
>             /INCLUDE:_GDALGCPTransform \
>
>             /INCLUDE:_GDALComputeMedianCutPCT \
>
>             /INCLUDE:_GDALDitherRGB2PCT
>
> Could anyone point me to where _GDALSimpleImageWarp etc. are being defined?
>
> Then I hope I can just define _MyFunction and add it to the list.

William,

The /INCLUDE directives are there to force .obj files in .lib files to
be pulled into the GDAL12.DLL when there is nothing explicitly
referencing them.  So, if you have added your own .cpp file with
an algorithm and nothing else in the GDAL DLL calls it, you will
need an /INCLUDE directive to force it's inclusion.

The _GDALSimpleImageWarp is defined in gdal/alg/gdalsimplewarp.cpp.

If you have a C entry point you should be able to just prepend an
underscore to the name.  If you only have C++ entry points then it gets
very messy.