[Gdal-dev] gdaltindex problems on Windows

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 16:26:05 EDT 2005

On Apr 7, 2005 3:57 PM, Chip Hankley <Chip.Hankley at rmtinc.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to use gdaltindex to create a tile index for a number of
> tiled images. I downloaded FW tools (FWTools0.9.6). When I issue
> gdaltindex in the directory where my images are
>
> (i.e.
> path C:\Program Files\FWTools0.9.6
> gdaltindex index2.shp *.tif
> )
>
> a windows error box pops up:
>
> "gdaltindex.exe has generated errors and will be closed by
> Windows. You will need to restart the program.

Chip,

I would suggest you try some single files and see if you can narrow
the problem down to just some of your files.  If you can get this
to happen with a single "not too large" file, then let me know and
I will see if I can reproduce the problem.

This could mean you have a corrupt TIFF file, or it could be something
in the way things are built for FWTools.  I would add I don't regularly
test gdaltindex.exe.