[Gdal-dev] Problem getting ECW SDK 3.1 working with gdal

Dan Greve grevedan at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 9 12:00:22 EDT 2005

Thom,

OK, I posted the modified ECW SDK 3.1 rc1 18Feb 05  to my yahoo briefcase.
Go to

<proc>
http://briefcase.yahoo.com/dolfan_77

Click on Pub

Click on ecw_sdk_vc6mod_090405

Save to your disk.
</proc>

Per the ER build instructions,
You MUST install the Microsoft SDK from
www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/sdkupdate/

Install the Win2003 Server Core SDK.  It works for most Windows OS.

Again, it's only a VC6 project, but the settings could be brought over to a
VC7 project no sweat I bet.  Note, with the current GDAL ECW settings, the
\ECW_SDK\Source\include directorty must be copied over to \ECW_SDK\Source
before trying to compile GDAL.  I tested with gdal-1.2.6 and \frmts\ecw from
GDAL-CVS-040805.  Frank, feel free to mirror this with your jasper special
pkgs if you wish.  Hopefully I'm not breaking any license dillios.

-- dan g.