[Gdal-dev] MEMDataset

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 15:52:43 EDT 2005

On 4/19/05, David Burken <dburken at comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> Hey is there any way I could get you to make your MEMDataset destructor
> virtual???  I'm a class derived from it.

Dave,

My understanding was that when you override a virtual method, your
new method is also virtual, whether you use the virtual keyword or
not.  Since GDALDataset::~GDALDataset() is virtual, that should
effectively make MEMDataset::~MEMDataset() virtual too.  Of course,
I may be confused, so just to be on the safe side, I have committed an
update to memdataset.h including the virtual keyword.