[Gdal-dev] Warping of large files

Asger Petersen asger at jo-informatik.dk
Wed Apr 20 06:29:28 EDT 2005

> I'm using VS.NET'03 on a WinXP SP2 computer. It took a while
> to get it set up, but I was finally able to compile the ECW
> SDK 3.1RC1. You can refer to the thread on the ERmapper forum
> to see what I had to do to get the SDK to compile.
> (http://forums.ermapper.com/viewtopic.php?t=589) Tom Lynch
> says that the problems I encountered will be fixed in RC2. In
> this case, persistence paid off. None of the actual code in
> either ECW or gdal needed changing. It was all a matter of
> cleaning up the build project files.

Actually last Friday I gave compiling ECW SDK 3.1RC2 a quick try with a
setup exactly like yours, but I ran into a lot of problems and decided
to drop that idea.

> I'm not sure if this info will help you, but I wanted to say
> that it *can* work.

With your description in the ERMapper forum in mind, I will definitely
give ECW SDK 3.1RC2 another try in the near future.

Thank you.

/Asger