[Gdal-dev] Fusion tool for OpenEV and GDAL

Mario Beauchamp starged at videotron.ca
Thu Apr 28 21:02:33 EDT 2005

Hi all,

The Beta version of my fusion tool for OpenEV is available here:

http://pages.infinit.net/starged/openev/fusion.py

There is also a command-line version only requiring GDAL and Numeric:

http://pages.infinit.net/starged/gdal/fusion-gdal.py

Fusion, also known as pansharpening or pan merging is the sharpening of an enlarged RGB
composite image using a higher resolution panchromatic greyscale image to obtain a sharper color
image. The most common use is the fusion of Landsat panchromatic 15m band-8 with an RGB 30m
bands 3,2,1. It is undetermined how this tool will perform on other types of imagery (ie SPOT,
Ikonos, Quickbird) as I don't have access to any of those...

Enjoy!
--
Mario B.
For a demo of Landsat pansharpened images see: