[Gdal-dev] Writing an ENVI file.

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 13:43:10 EDT 2005

On 8/5/05, Ken Sewell <sewell at dramail.com> wrote:

> A co-worker is trying to use gdalwarp to warp an ENVI file into a new
> projection.  It seems to work, but when we examine the header file it
> seems to have lost all geotransform and coordinate system info.  From
> searching the mailing list archives, I found that writing to envi is not
> complete, but should at least output the coord/geo information.  Is there
> a gotcha we need to know about?

Ken,

It looks like Lichun Wang (ITC) did a significant overhaul of the
header writing for ENVI format very shortly after 1.2.6 release.   Are
you using 1.2.6 or GDAL CVS?  I would encourage you to try a
nightly snapshot if you are currently using 1.2.6.

Looking at the code, it seems it should always write out the
geotransform information as a mapinfo line, even if the coordinate
system is not known.  What does the generated header file look like?