[Gdal-dev] gdal > 1.2.4: configure fails on FreeBSD

Benjamin Thelen bt at ccgis.de
Thu Aug 11 07:30:14 EDT 2005

Hello list,

since version 1.2.4 I am not able to configure gdal successfully on
FreeBSD 4.11 and 5.4 boxes, on which I have installed geos-2.0.1 from
ports (which should be sufficient, I assume). Please see the error
messages below.

- gdal-1.2.6
.
.
.
checking for geos-config... /usr/local/bin/geos-config
./configure.lineno: 25342: Syntax error: Bad substitution

- gdal-1.2.5
.
.
.
checking for geos-config... /usr/local/bin/geos-config
./configure.lineno: 25342: Syntax error: Bad substitution

- gdal-1.2.4
.
.
.
checking for geos-config... /usr/local/bin/geos-config
./configure.lineno: 25342: Syntax error: Bad substitution

I tried to configure --without-geos respectively --without-mysql, but
that hat no effect.

I also had a look into the files "configure" and "configure.lineno" on
the specified lines and into config.log, but that all did not help (me
;-)). Google didn't help at all :-(.

If you need some more information, like log-files or so, I'll send them
immediately.

Can you give me some hints. I'd appreciate your help very much.

Kind Regards,
Benjamin Thelen