[Gdal-dev] gdal > 1.2.4: configure fails on FreeBSD

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 10:24:02 EDT 2005

On 8/11/05, Benjamin Thelen <bt at ccgis.de> wrote:
> Hello list,
>

> since version 1.2.4 I am not able to configure gdal successfully on
> FreeBSD 4.11 and 5.4 boxes, on which I have installed geos-2.0.1 from
> ports (which should be sufficient, I assume). Please see the error
> messages below.

Benjamin,

I think this was corrected post 1.2.6.  Could you try the 1.3.0beta
source now available?

The challenge with freebsd is to avoid any bash specific issues in
the configure script.  Since my /bin/sh is usually bash I don't often
notice these issues.  That is one reason why it is so important that
folks on slightly less common platforms, like freebsd, try the betas.