[Gdal-dev] MrSID on MapServer w/ FWTools 0.9.9

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 10:05:07 EDT 2005

First, thanks Frank for the new FWTools!

Second, sorry to bother this list with such a seemingly simple
problem, but I am not able to get mapserver to display MrSID with the
FWTools 0.9.9. Gdalinfo recognizes sid files, but thus far mapserver
does not. I have set GDAL_DRIVER_PATH and also tried copying all the
dll's into the mapserver directory.

Third, I'm not trying to set up a production server, I just want to do
a quick test of MrSID performance with mapserver. In the past I found
it to be unacceptably slow when working with a large (423MB) sid file.
If anyone has recent experience to the contrary I would be interested
to hear it.

Thanks,
Rich

--