[Gdal-dev] MrSID Cross-Compiler Information

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 10:45:38 EDT 2005

On 8/27/05, Bill Binko <bill at binko.net> wrote:

> Hate to reply to my own post, but I've found a problem with this.  It's
> fixable, but to be honest, I'll need some assistance in getting it to work
> easily.
>
> The problem is that the 'libtool' command doesn't seem to use the any of
> the LIB parameters in GDALmake.opt when it adds the dependencies to the
> libgdal.so.  I honestly have tried everything I can think of to make it
> add those dependencies.

Bill,

I recently discovered that libtool honours the "-XCClinker" option
to option to force it to pass specific options on to the linker.  So on
MacOS where I need -framework Python in the link line I did something
like:

elif test ! -z "`uname | grep Darwin`" -a ${with_libtool} == yes ; then
    AC_MSG_RESULT(darwin-libtool)

    PYTHON_LIBS='-XCClinker -framework -XCClinker Python $(LIBS)'
    PY_LD_SHARED='$(LD_SHARED)'
    PY_SO_EXT='$(SO_EXT)'

Perhaps that could help.

Alternatively, you might just want to build --without-libtool.