[Gdal-dev] using canadian CorMat

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Wed Dec 7 12:37:06 EST 2005

Hi Folks,

This is a little bit offtopic for gdal, but maybe someone here can point
me in the right direction: Natural Resources Canada has a dataset named
"CorMat", Correctional Matrices, which can be used to correct the shape
and position of data built against older 1:50k NTDB. What software, if
any, do you know of which can utilise these correction matrices? Arcinfo
and Arcmap do not (or I and the ESRI-L mailing list and ESRI Canada
customer support are missing something :).

The specification says programs exist but is silent on just what the
names of those programs might be "Some commercial software applications
can use planimetric correction matrices. A correction algorithm,
however, is described in Appendix A for users who do not have this type
of software." -- http://tinyurl.com/avplu

thank you for your thoughts,

--
matt wilkie