[Gdal-dev] Request for CorMat development proposal

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Thu Dec 8 14:55:29 EST 2005

((please forward as appropriate))
Hi Folks,

With regards to "Using canadian CorMat"
http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2005-December/007348.html
and http://yukongis.ca/bin/view/Main/CorMat

I contacted NRCAN about the commercial programs which were said to work
with CorMat and was told the documentation is in error, there are no
known programs which can do the displacement out of the box, though
"...I'm told FME software can be adapted with the algorithm for
planimetric correction, but it requires bench mark application and fine
tuning to obtain identical results."

I invite anyone interested in developing a program to apply the CorMat
displacement to existing ArcGIS data to contact me with a proposal to do
so with a time & price estimate.

thank you,

--
matt wilkie