[Gdal-dev] gdal_merge: output colors reverted

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Dec 9 14:55:19 EST 2005

On 12/9/05, Maciek Sieczka <werchowyna at epf.pl> wrote:
> It helped, thanks!
>
> Since gdalwarp and gdal_translate handle this automatically, could
> gdal_merge too?

Maciek,

If you file a bug on it, I'll try and do that at some point.
The fundamental issue though is that gdal_merge was
intended to be a quick hack, not an industrial strength
tool.  However, as the years go by it has been so useful
that folks are always pushing me to improve it's rought
edges.  What I think I really need is to extend gdalwarp
to also provide the "quick mosaic" capabilities of gdal_merge.