[Gdal-dev] help with OGR->python

Dylan Beaudette dylan at iici.no-ip.org
Thu Feb 3 21:06:21 EST 2005

Greetings:

After struggling with trying to get vector data into GMT with GRASS, I started
playing with the OGR bindings in python.

however, after 2 hours I have not been able to do something as simple as
extract the geometry of polygons in a shapefile...

I am trying to construct a small python program to convert a shapefile into a
list of coordinates, with a few GMT-specific markers at the start of each
polygon.

Does anyone know of an existing tool for this job? or perhaps some example
python code for reading a simply polygon shapefile?

Thanks in advance!

--
Dylan Beaudette
University of California at Davis