[Gdal-dev] problems with shapefiles created with v.out.ogr

Dylan Beaudette dylan at iici.no-ip.org
Mon Feb 14 16:26:11 EST 2005

Not sure what is causing this... but when i import a shape file into GRASS
with v.in.ogr, make changes, and then export the resulting file with
v.out.ogr, there are some geometry problems - specifically when converting
the output shapefile into GMT-style x,y data.

The results look like the polygons are note closed (properly?)

importing the original shape file with v.in.ogr -c only made things worse --
incorrect attributes where assigned to polygons.

It could be that I have a slightly funky shapefile, but this problem makes me
very wary of working with shapefile within GRASS - especially when i need to
export the data for some other application.

Could this be related to a badly formed shapefile, or is this part of a larger
problem with importing/exporting shapefiles?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

thanks in advance,

--
Dylan Beaudette