[Gdal-dev] dissolve common boundaries with OGR tool

Dylan Beaudette dylan at iici.no-ip.org
Mon Feb 14 17:40:59 EST 2005

Greetings!

Sorry about inundating the list with my problems today... but;

Is there any simple way to dissolve common boundaries based on some attribute,
say in a shapefile...? this would be similar to what the geoprocessing junk
in the ESRI world does, or what v.extract in the GRASS world does... Normally
I would just do this operation in GRASS, but I have been having a lot of
trouble with GRASS and shapefiles recently, whereas OGR always seems to work
just fine.

If there currently is no way to do this, and none is planned - i might try to
take on the of writing something in python to get the job done...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

--
Dylan Beaudette