[Gdal-dev] rgb2pct dithering ?

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 23:50:43 EST 2005

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 08:38:59 -0500 (EST), Nuitari
<nuitari at melchior.nuitari.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm converting quite a few files from rgb to pct and I've noticed that
> dithering using rgb2pct is always applied, even if the files is of
> originally very few colours, giving a result that is worse then a
> conversion without dithering.
>
> I've tried to find out where the dithering is happenning, but I do not
> have much time to dwelve into libs

Nuitari,

Due to an (unrealized by me) backlog of emails pending approval
from unsubscribed folks this message didn't circulate till now,
25 days after you sent it so I suspect the answer is not in time
for your purposes.

Looking in the code it seems there is no non-dithered case.
I'm not quite sure why I didn't provide that.

Sorry about that (and the delay).