[Gdal-dev] color table problems

Mario Beauchamp starged at videotron.ca
Wed Jan 19 18:08:10 EST 2005

Hi all,

I'm trying to assign a ColorTable to a VRT in OpenEV using vrtutils.VRTDatasetConstructor(). The
AddSimpleBand method needs "ColorInterp" and "colortable" so to get it from the source file, I have:

def getColorTable(f):
    band = gdal.Open(f).GetRasterBand(1)
    gci = band.GetRasterColorInterpretation()
    if gci == gdal.GCI_PaletteIndex:
        ci = 'Palette'
        ct = band.GetRasterColorTable()
    else:
        ci = 'Undefined'
        ct = None
    return ci,ct

But this makes Python crash.

Even this simple script give strange results:
## test.py
## Usage: test.py file
import gdal
import sys
band = gdal.Open(sys.argv[1]).GetRasterBand(1)
ci = band.GetRasterColorInterpretation()
ct = band.GetRasterColorTable().GetCount()
print ci,ct
sys.exit(0)

I tried with many png and gif files and I get values like 8091364 and 8090496 on DOS and 8057040 or
7952048 on MSYS for ci. ct is always 0.

Even tried it on Linux and I get seg faults.

I suspect it's a Python prob as gdalinfo reports all infos correctly on all files tested.

BTW, why the whole color table has to be in the VRT? Couldn't there be a way to say: "get that from
the source band"?

Thanks.
--
Mario B.