[Gdal-dev] Multiple Images in NITF

Christopher Hammack chammack at fadedsky.com
Thu Jul 28 10:51:31 EDT 2005

We're currently evaluating the use of GDAL in a project I'm working
on.  We're very impressed with it's potential to convert various
formats to GeoTIFFs with a variety of options.  However, we need
similar capability with the NITF format and being able to read/write
multiple images from an NITF file will eventually be important.
According to the documentation, this isn't a current capability.  I was
curious if this was a planned feature, or how difficult of an
undertaking adding this would be?

Thanks,

-c