[Gdal-dev] VRT with several Raw files

Mario Beauchamp starged at videotron.ca
Tue Jun 14 17:25:31 EDT 2005

Salut Fabien,

Fabien Dachicourt wrote:
> I would like to use a single VRT file to mosaic several Raw files.
> The only way i found is creating one VRT describing each Raw file, and
> creating a global VRT merging all others VRT.
> Is it possible to mosaic directly several Raw files using a single VRT file,
> including Raw descritption and mosaic ?

Some time ago, a modified version of gdal_merge.py to output a VRT file was posted on the list:
http://xserve.flids.com/pipermail/gdal-dev/2005-May/008605.html

(BTW, thank you Gabriel for this! It proved quite useful...)

However, I don't know if this will work with Raw files... I guess the only way to find out is to
try it :)

Let me know if this works for you.

A la prochaine!
--