[Gdal-dev] building GDAL in Visual C++ Toolkit 2003

bartvde at xs4all.nl bartvde at xs4all.nl
Fri Mar 4 12:14:44 EST 2005

Hi list,

I tried to compile GDAL using the free Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 in
combination with the Microsoft Platform SDK, and the .NET Framework SDK.

I ran into the following problem:

C:\projects\gdal-1.2.5\frmts\gtiff\libtiff\tiffio.h

tiffio.h uses <iostream.h> which is deprecated, I had to change it into
the following:

#if defined(c_plusplus) || defined(__cplusplus)
# include <iostream>
extern	TIFF* TIFFStreamOpen(const char*, std::ostream *);
extern	TIFF* TIFFStreamOpen(const char*, std::istream *);
#endif

Is there any reason not to use this in the standard GDAL distribution?

Best regards.
Bart