[Gdal-dev] B&W tiffs

Christoph Spoerri cspoerri at cavtel.net
Wed Mar 16 08:08:22 EST 2005

Hi there,
one of my peer developers at my office has the following question regarding
GDAL:

I have a 3-band color tiff file. Can I use the gdal library to convert it to
one-bit 4 group b&w tiff? If yes, how can I implement it?

The problem we are facing is to create png and b&w tiffs from ArcMap layout
through code (VB). The only other solution (we know if currently) is getting
a license for ArcPress, yet this would be fairly expensive and would require
additional CPU/memory resources. Does anybody know of any other possible
solutions?

thanks,
Christoph