[Gdal-dev] Re: Large file support on MacOS X

Jed O. Kaplan jed.kaplan at jrc.it
Thu Mar 17 10:48:50 EST 2005

Hello,

I am using gdal 1.2.6 from CVS on Mac OS X (10.3).

I recently saw the discussion on large files on Gdal-dev and am having
similar problems, trying to use gdal_translate to convert a ~15Gb
raster file in Erdas large file format (.img+.ige) to another format.
The gdal_translate fails about 10% into the job with the following
error:

ERROR 3: Seek to 80000cad:80000cad on 0xa0009920 failed
invalid argument
ERROR 1: IReadBlock failed at X offset 990, Y offset 217
ERROR 1: GetBlockRef failed at X block offset 990, Y block offset 217

Has anyone managed to solve large file support for GDAL on MacOS X?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Jed Kaplan