[Gdal-dev] gdal configure with external geotiff

David Burken dburken at comcast.net
Wed Mar 23 13:07:24 EST 2005

Hi Frank,

Configuring gdal with external geotiff (latest cvs) fails with:

checking for XTIFFClientOpen in -lgeotiff... no
configure: error: We require at least GeoTIFF 1.2.1. Consider using the
one supplied with GDAL

I'm not sure why but the check in configure.in fails.  I just comment it
out to use the latest geotiff:
AC_CHECK_LIB(geotiff,XTIFFClientOpen,GEOTIFF_SETTING=external,AC_MSG_ERROR([We
require at least GeoTIFF 1.2.1. Consider using the one supplied with GDAL]))

Take care,
Dave