[Gdal-dev] tif + .tfw + Proj4 projection information => Fully Referenced GeoTiff

Rich Signell rsignell at usgs.gov
Wed May 18 15:27:16 EDT 2005

I'm hoping someone will take pity on a newbie here.

I've got a bunch of .tif images, corresponding .twf files, and I've also been
told that all the .tifs are in meters, Mercator w/ standard parallel of 41.65
and a central meridian of -70.316667, NAD83 datum.

I'd like to convert these to EPSG:4326, which would be easy to do using
gdalwarp, except that I need a fully georeferenced geotiff as input, right?

So then I need a tool to add the georeferencing info.

I tried using OpenEV, but it looks like it also wants a properly georeferenced
file to begin with.

It looks like I could also use "geotifcp", but it seems that I would need to
find a properly reference geotiff first in my projection so that I could use
"listgeo" to understand the input projection text file format.

After this, I had a sneaking suspicion that I was overlooking something.  There
is an easy way, right?

Thanks,
Rich

--
Richard P. Signell
U.S. Geological Survey       Phone: (508) 457-2229