[Gdal-dev] tif + .tfw + Proj4 projection information => FullyReferenced GeoTiff

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Wed May 18 17:34:43 EDT 2005

Rich,

  If you have all projection parameters of your input data, you can specify
them on the gdalwarp command line using the -s_srs option (see
http://www.gdal.org/gdal_utilities.html#gdalwarp):

gdalwarp -s_srs "+proj=merc +lon_0=-70.316667 +lat_ts=41.65 +x_0=0 +y_0=0
ellps=GRS80" -t_srs "EPSG:4326" -of GTiff in.tif out.tif

Have a look at
http://www.remotesensing.org/geotiff/proj_list/mercator_1sp.html for more
projection information, as I'm not sure if your standard parallel has the
same meaning as the Proj "latitude of true scale".

Brent Fraser