[Gdal-dev] Re: How to separate OGR from GDAL

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Mon May 30 21:42:39 EDT 2005

Mateusz Łoskot wrote:

> I'll try it. But there isn't any important size constraint of the
> library, of course it is recommended to have small DLL, but it is not
> required.
> I need only OGR functionality on Windows CE (Mobile) so it could be
> easier to port the code when I have OGR sources separated.
> But I understand it isn't easy job.
> Greets

Mateusz,

Perhaps a starting point could be the MITAB library. It comes with a
standalone/stripped down copy of OGR that contains all the geometry,
feature, layer, datasource, SRS, etc... classes, as well as the CPL
(port) stuff. You may not need much more to be able to have a working
OGR with your selected drivers outside of the GDAL environment.

The CVS version of MITAB (not released yet) has been updated from the
latest OGR source about 2 weeks ago. You could get it through anonymous
CVS by checking out module "mitab" with the following CVSROOT:
  CVSROOT=:pserver:cvsanon at cvs.maptools.org:/cvs/maptools/cvsroot
There is no password for anonymous CVS access, i.e. just hit return with
an empty password when doing a 'cvs login'

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca