[Gdal-dev] Re: How to separate OGR from GDAL

Mateusz Łoskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue May 31 10:18:09 EDT 2005

Daniel Morissette napisał(a):
> Mateusz Łoskot wrote:
>> [...]
>> I need only OGR functionality on Windows CE (Mobile) so it could be
>> easier to port the code when I have OGR sources separated.
>> But I understand it isn't easy job.
>> Greets
>>

> Perhaps a starting point could be the MITAB library. It comes with a
> standalone/stripped down copy of OGR that contains all the geometry,
> feature, layer, datasource, SRS, etc... classes, as well as the CPL
> (port) stuff. You may not need much more to be able to have a working
> OGR with your selected drivers outside of the GDAL environment.

Thank you, I'm just going to try MITAB lib.
As I see it supports MapInfo formats, but as I understand you
correctly, I can take OGR part of MITAG, right?

I work mainly with Shapefiles and sqlite.
So, I could take that OGR port and use Shapelib for my job.

> The CVS version of MITAB (not released yet) has been updated from the
> latest OGR source about 2 weeks ago. You could get it through anonymous
> CVS by checking out module "mitab" with the following CVSROOT:
>  CVSROOT=:pserver:cvsanon at cvs.maptools.org:/cvs/maptools/cvsroot
> There is no password for anonymous CVS access, i.e. just hit return with
> an empty password when doing a 'cvs login'

Thank you, I'm checkin it out now.
As I see you are the project leader, right?

Greets

--
Mateusz Łoskot
mateusz at loskot dot net