[Gdal-dev] primary key on Virtual Spatial Data (ODBC)

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.NL
Wed Nov 9 07:02:29 EST 2005

Hi list,

I am getting strange results out of a Mapserver query (which works fine on the same data in shapefile format using the Mapserver native shapefile connector), so my first guess was that OGR is unable to determine a primary key on the Virtual Spatial Data table.

I am using Microsoft Access ( not my choice :-) ) through ODBC and this is the result from ogrinfo:

D:\projects\gdal-1.3.1\ogr>ogrinfo D:\ms4w\apps\stragisweb\htdocs\sites\syngeoviewer\data\syngeo.ovf Pc6punten -summary
ERROR 4: Update access not supported for VRT datasources.
Had to open data source read-only.
INFO: Open of `D:\ms4w\apps\stragisweb\htdocs\sites\syngeoviewer\data\syngeo.ovf
'
using driver `VRT' successful.

Layer name: Pc6punten
Geometry: Point
Feature Count: 47058
Extent: (197025.668000, 495057.482000) - (210463.727000, 511348.566000)
Layer SRS WKT:
(unknown)
PC6: String (254.0)
X: Real (0.0)
Y: Real (0.0)
HUISNR: Integer (10.0)
OGR_FID: Integer (10.0)

I have even added an OGR_FID column as the primary key (it is defined as a primary key in Access).

Does anybody have an idea what could be going wrong? It would be helpful if ogrinfo could report in some way whether or not it could determine a primary key.

Btw I am using GDAL 1.3.1 in combination with Mapserver 4.8 beta1.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Bart

Bart van den Eijnden