[Gdal-dev] RE: Reading JPEG2000 JPC and J2K

Chapman, Martin MChapman at sanz.com
Fri Nov 11 13:05:25 EST 2005

Gao,

You can use the MrSID driver, Kakadu or Jasper.  I would recommend
MrSID.  You need to download the MrSID DSDK from Lizardtech for reading
and you need to get the ESDK for read/write.  To get the ESDK you will
have to go through the clearance process first I believe.  The MrSID
driver reads J2k and MrSID.  ECW can also read the new jpeg formats but
I don't know if that is enabled through GDAL yet.

Martin