[Gdal-dev] Reading JPEG2000 JPC and J2K

Tom Lynch tflynch at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 19:54:18 EST 2005

On 11/12/05, Chapman, Martin <MChapman at sanz.com> wrote:
> You can use the MrSID driver, Kakadu or Jasper.  I would recommend
> MrSID.  You need to download the MrSID DSDK from Lizardtech for reading
> and you need to get the ESDK for read/write.  To get the ESDK you will
> have to go through the clearance process first I believe.  The MrSID
> driver reads J2k and MrSID.  ECW can also read the new jpeg formats but
> I don't know if that is enabled through GDAL yet.

Gao,

The GDAL JP2ECW driver based on the ECW JPEG 2000 SDK should also read
raw jpc, j2k codestreams automatically - e.g. result of gdalinfo on
some of the conformance data:

Driver: JP2ECW/ERMapper JPEG2000
Size is 128, 128
Coordinate System is `'
Corner Coordinates:
Upper Left  (    0.0,    0.0)
Lower Left  (    0.0,  128.0)
Upper Right (  128.0,    0.0)
Lower Right (  128.0,  128.0)
Center      (   64.0,   64.0)
Band 1 Block=128x1 Type=Byte, ColorInterp=Undefined
  Overviews: arbitrary

Hope this helps.

--
Tom Lynch