[Gdal-dev] Gdal compilation problems in Solaris 8

Juan Mari Celihueta jmcm at euskalnet.net
Fri Nov 18 07:02:27 EST 2005

Hi Frank,

I did what you told me and te 'make' compilation process was well.

Then I entered as root and did the instalation process:

# make install

And after a few seconds the process stopped, getting the next set of
error messages:

GNUmakefile:44: warning: overriding commands for target `libgdal.la'
GNUmakefile:40: warning: ignoring old commands for target `libgdal.la'
GNUmakefile:44: warning: overriding commands for target `libgdal.la'
GNUmakefile:40: warning: ignoring old commands for target `libgdal.la'
make[2]: swig: Command not found
make[2]: *** [gdal_wrap.cpp] Error 127
make[2]: swig: Command not found
make[2]: *** [gdal_wrap.cpp] Error 127
/bin/sh: syntax error at line 1: `;' unexpected
make[1]: *** [install] Error 2
make: *** [install-actions] Error 2

I guess that it's because of the lack of the 'swig' compilation.

Best regards,

Juan.

I set the wheels in motion
turn up all the machines