[Gdal-dev] Gdal compilation problems in Solaris 8

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Nov 18 09:59:43 EST 2005

On 11/18/05, Juan Mari Celihueta <jmcm at euskalnet.net> wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> I did what you told me and te 'make' compilation process was well.
>
> Then I entered as root and did the instalation process:
>
> # make install
>
> And after a few seconds the process stopped, getting the next set of
> error messages:
>
> GNUmakefile:44: warning: overriding commands for target `libgdal.la'
> GNUmakefile:40: warning: ignoring old commands for target `libgdal.la'
> GNUmakefile:44: warning: overriding commands for target `libgdal.la'
> GNUmakefile:40: warning: ignoring old commands for target `libgdal.la'
> make[2]: swig: Command not found
> make[2]: *** [gdal_wrap.cpp] Error 127
> make[2]: swig: Command not found
> make[2]: *** [gdal_wrap.cpp] Error 127
> /bin/sh: syntax error at line 1: `;' unexpected
> make[1]: *** [install] Error 2
> make: *** [install-actions] Error 2
>
> I guess that it's because of the lack of the 'swig' compilation.

Juan,

Sorry about this.  If you search through the GNUmakefile,
you should find a target called "install-actions".  One of the
lines after it will be "(cd swig; $(MAKE) install)".  Just
delete that line.

I think I'm going to have to issue a GDAL 1.3.2 pretty soon
so not too many others run into this problem.