[Gdal-dev] GDAL/OGR and the MapServer Foundation

Andy Canfield andy.canfield at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 16:15:56 EST 2005

Would Autodesk contribute the ability to read/write the DWG format in
all it's many incompatible versions to OGR without having to buy
something from them? If they did that, that alone would make it worth
it. GDAL/OGR is Frank's opus and he has never done anyting unwise with
it so as long as he supports doing this then I see no reason why not
to do this. However if Autodesk inserts their FDO code into GDAL/OGR
under any license that would allow them to later come back and make
portions of the library usable only with some sort of contract with
Autodesk then I would be completely against that. Using the Foundation
as a steering and standards body for GDAL/OGR sounds like a good idea
up front to me though if no shenanigans from Autodesk occur.