[Gdal-dev] Linking Code That Uses MITAB with the GDAL .lib file

Bob Cave rlcave3rd at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 6 09:46:26 EDT 2005

I have a project that currently uses MITAB to read
MapInfo files.  I need to add some GDAL functionality
to this program.  Given that GDAL contains MITAB, I
expected that I could replace my linker reference to
the MITAB libs with the GDAL lib and relink.  This
does not work.  I get a number of unresolved
references for the TABxxx classes in MITAB.  (All of
the OGRxxx and
other support classes get resolved as expected.)

I have built GDAL to include all of the OGR formats.
Is there something I need to change in the nmake.opts
file to get the TABxxx classes exported in the GDAL
lib file?

Thanks,

Bob