[Gdal-dev] Extracting Geo Info From GeoTiff's

Theuns Heydenrych Theuns at softsim.co.za
Thu Oct 13 03:21:38 EDT 2005

HI
I am knew to gdal open source software.
So far i could use the online help on GDAL to extract raster data from  a
GeoTiff file successfully.
But I am struggling a bit to get the Geo information from the Geo tiff i
need to geo reference the raster data.
As I understand I can use GDAL to do this?

I did read through the source code to get a feeling where to start.
As far as I can figure out , I have to use the function GTIFGetDefn to get a
definition structure back with the information , but the function obviously
requires a handle to the Geotiff file.
This handle can be obtained from using the GTIFNew Function.

I downloaded the Gdal Source code, 3 weeks ago , and compiled the source
with VC++ to produce gdal13.dll.
But some of the GTIF functions did not get exposed in the dll??
The GTIFNew function do have the CPL_DLL declaration in front of the
function ??

Can anybody guide me in a direction , to fix this so that when compiling the
source the methods is exposed.
Help would be much appreciated
Thanks
Theuns Heydenrych
Software Developer

CyberSim (Pty) Ltd
Simulation Software Technologies
Direct Tel.	:        + (27) 12 346 9807
Direct Fax	:        + (27) 12 346 9384
SWB Tel.		:        + (27) 12 346 7575
SWB Fax		:        + (27) 12 346 0064
E-Mail		:         theuns at softsim.co.za
Internet		:         http://www.cybersim.co.za

Disclaimer:
The information contained in this communication is private and confidential
and is intended solely for use by the individual/individuals or entity to
whom it is addressed.  Kindly notify the sender immediately by   e-mail if
you have received this communication by mistake and delete this e-mail from
your system.  Any unauthorized use or interception of this communication, or
the review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking any
action in reliance upon the contents, by individuals or entities other than
those intended, is strongly prohibited.

Any views expressed in this communication are those of the individual
sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be those of
CyberSim, to whom no liability shall attach whatsoever.

CyberSim is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the
information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt
nor for any special, incidental or consequential damages of any nature
whatsoever resulting from receipt or use of this communication.