[Gdal-dev] DGN format and projection support

Jeff L. nf10 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 18 14:05:48 EDT 2005

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your response. DGN can store projection according to this
document:
http://support.intergraph.com/TechNotes/MicroStation_Define_CSF.pdf

The paragraph of the document that mention the projection is:

"The design file has its projection/coordinate system and mapping working
units stored in a format that can be easily read by Intergraph mapping
software applications such as GeoMedia and MGE. The assigned projection
information is stored in the header of the design file as a Microstation
element type 56."

Any work around to produce DGN with coordinate system ?

Jeff