[Gdal-dev] Compile gdal with LDFLAGS -L/usr/lib64

Andreas Wallin thesaint at thesaint.mine.nu
Wed Oct 19 14:52:35 EDT 2005

Hello,
Im trying to compile gdal on slamd64, and against libraries in /usr/lib64,
But if i try to give LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib64" to configure it seems to
ignore it and uses -L/usr/lib instead as default.

I manage to compile/link it  properly by first running configure with my
options, and then edit the GDALmake.opt at line where LIBS variable is
defined,  Usually around row 37, this works just fine but i cant edit
the gdalmake.opt file everytime i build the slackware package, Because
the build process is automatic and depending on what configure options
used, therefore i cant just patch the gdalmake.opt and add -L/usr/lib64.

Anyone have a better solution to this ? how to link against /usr/lib64

Or does it need some changes in gdal-source

//Andreas Wallin