[Gdal-dev] Re: Problem creating GeoTiff across International Date Line

Todd Jellett todd.jellett at caris.com
Thu Oct 20 14:38:03 EDT 2005

Hi Ed,

The central meridian for the Mercator projection is 0.0. Your question
provided a clue
and I tried changing the CM to 170.0 and this did not exhibit the
problem we were
seeing (only one side of the GeoTiff being drawn - split at the IDL).

Problem is that the image came from a client (including the CM of 0.0).
We then tried
to display the image on the vector "Map of the World" reprojected to the
coordinate
system of the GeoTiff. Only a portion of the image displayed.
Incidentally, the GeoTiff
does not span the IDL, it is close to the IDL (~150 to ~170).

I think I understand what is going on now.

Todd