[Gdal-dev] Re: ECW JPEG 2000 Source SDK v3.3 (RC)

Ken Boss Ken.Boss at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Oct 25 13:00:51 EDT 2005

Hi Frank--

Did it build a libecwj2.so for you?  I get:

libecwj2.a
libNCSCnet.a
libNCSCnet.la
libNCSCnet.so
libNCSEcw.a
libNCSEcw.la
libNCSEcw.so
libNCSEcwC.a
libNCSEcwC.la
libNCSEcwC.so
libNCSUtil.a
libNCSUtil.la
libNCSUtil.so

and variously numbered symlinks to the .so files, but no libecwj2.so.  The example programs won't build because they seem to be looking for libecwj2.so, and I presume I'll be needing that to link ECW capabilities into GDAL...?

--Ken Boss
  MN DNR Forestry

On 10/23/05, Mark Sheridan <mark.sheridan at ermapper.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> The release candidate of the ECW JPEG 2000 Source Code SDK is available from
> the ER Mapper website:
>
> http://www.ermapper.com/downloads/download_view.aspx?PRODUCT_VERSION_ID=284

Mark,

I just wanted to confirm that this version of the SDK
seems to build fine out of the box with GDAL.   So folks,
ECW SDK 3.3 and GDAL 1.3.1 should be a good clean
solution for ECW and JPEG2000 support.