[Gdal-dev] Re: gdal_translate with onearth png

wsacul wsacul at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 00:03:21 EDT 2005

I was more interested in textures, but I have that end covered (by
writing a script to pull them down from onearth).

Any elevation data that I can get into osgdem
(http://www.openscenegraph.org/index.php?page=UserGuides.Osgdem) is
useful, but the important thing for me is to be able to manage the
level of detail- I want to get low-res data for stuff I'll only see
from a distance and high-res for the things I want to be able to fly
by.  Osgdem can handle integrating it all together if it has a loader
for the format.

-lucasw