[Gdal-dev] swig/perl

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Thu Sep 1 01:20:31 EDT 2005

Kevin Ruland kirjoitti:

>Congratulations Ari!
>
>Perl should be able to do the tostring argin pretty easily since it
>takes any object and "string-ifies" it.
>
>IF_FALSE_RETURN_NONE should also be pretty easy since Perl has a very
>nice sense of none.

I just couldn't figure out quickly enough what was supposed to happen
and these didn't look very important ;) And I've always had problems
with the fundamental questions like this "what is it that is none?" and
"should this one be mortal or not?". :)

>>saying there are two _wrap_GetDriverCount's, the other is of course
>>from OGR. If I fix that by hand (edit ogr_wrap.cpp by hand) it
>>compiles. I don't know how to control the naming of the _wrap
>>function, %rename does not seem to do that.

You don't have any idea how to fix this? I'd like to have the first
version I send to compile & run a test. If not otherwise, then with some
kludge like: "fixit.pl ogr_wrap.cpp" in the Makefile.

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Kartografia ja Geoinformatiikka / Cartography and Geoinformatics